Monday, October 27, 2008

The Little Scotsman

Yesterday we had loads of fun going to the 2nd birthday party for Jameson Berry, the son of our really good friend Cheryl from college. He is so cute! Anyway, with all these little kids there, it made me go searching through my collection for a nice children's photograph. This tintype of a little boy (I think?) is certainly one of the more interesting images I have come across lately. He seems to be wearing a traditional Scottish costume, which means this image may have been taken in the British Isles. He is definitely wearing a plaid kilt or tartan and the jacket he has on with the tassels is very interesting. Too bad it's not colored or we might be able to figure out what clan he was from! I really wish I knew more about this picture but there is really nothing to go on, since tintypes rarely have a backmark of the photographer or identification like cartes de visites do. Anyway, this is such an adorable picture I couldn't help adding it to my collection!

No comments: