Saturday, October 25, 2008

Perished in the Flames

Since Halloween is fast approaching, I thought I would post something a bit appropriate!

About a year ago, I published my first book, thanks to Picton Press up in beautiful Rockland, Maine, a very well known genealogical book company. Warning: This is not your typical history book! It is a compilation of descriptions of deadly fires from historic New England newspapers and they can be pretty gruesome! But these reports can also tell us as much about how people lived, as they died centuries ago. I also wrote a brief introduction for the book and published an informational article in New England Ancestors magazine in early 2008 which can be read by clicking on the link found below: http://www.newenglandancestors.org/publications/nea_nea_winter2008_vol9_1_merciless_element.asp
If that doesn't work, let me know and I can email you a copy. I'm not totally sure how I got started on this project in 2006, except that as a youngster my wife had a schoolmate die in a fire, and I have a visited his grave a few times. Also, the Station Nightclub fire in Rhode Island in 2003 really affected me. Anyway, it was two years in the making and now I am working on my next book, which I hope will hit the shelves this time in 2009! To order Perished in the Flames for only $19.95 plus shipping and handling, please call Picton Press in Rockland, Maine, at 1-207-596-7766, visit www.pictonpress.com, or email sales@pictonpress.com. Thanks!

No comments: